Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Piercings

I watched this Japanese anime where a girl was lying about her age.  She was 20+ but pretending to be a high school student. But because of her pierced ears, the other kids found out her real age.  Really? Piercing after high school?  I got my first piercing at 7. Yup. Seven. Is it that big of a deal? It's a normal thing in my family, because my grandma believe in gold. She gave me gold studded earrings with rubies. It was beautiful. Until I grow up to hate it. I'm bored with it and want a new earring when I was ten.

Well, wearing an earring in school is okay, too. Just pair of earrings. That's it. No more or less. But then the only piercing I'm allowed is just that. Not on my nose or belly or any other place. Just my ears. In fact, some of my friends got their piercing when they're 2 years old. So they won't remember the pain, and not a on other places than the one the parents want it to be.

I don't exactly remember the pain, either. It was just sharp tingling sensation. Which is why I don't understand why some parents ask their daughter to wait until a certain age to get piercing.  I mean, beauty is pain (though I don't like that phrase because I believe beauty means confident in yourself).   Because I got my piercing early, done by professionals, so no pain.  Also, and that's the only piercing I have. I did asked for another piercings on top of my ears during my rebellious teen years but my mom brushed me off by saying "I gave you piercings once, and that's it young lady".

In gold we trust, as I saw this quote on the internet. Remind me so much about my grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment